Passionate and dedicated
Experienced and qualified
Community, Local Board and Council
Standing for the Local Board is a natural step to take in view of my long active role in the community. This has given me a broad knowledge of local issues.
I work well with people, and can be trusted to do the job I commit myself to.
I care passionately about people and families, and that they can live safely and securely, that they have opportunity for suitable housing, work and recreation.
I care about the environment: our coast, open spaces, bushlands and residential spaces. I want to see my grandchildren grow up to be able to enjoy and respect the environment and I support initiatives to encourage this.
I would work hard to be a Hibiscus and Bays Local Board member you would be proud of.
My priorities for the Bays Local Board
- Preserve the Bays shores and coastal character. This defines our Board area. Maintain the Rural Urban Boundary.
- Promote environmental and business sustainability.
- Revitalise our town centres – Torbay, Browns Bay, Mairangi Bay - and local centres.
- Provide more reserves and open space for recreation to cater for our increasing population.
- Advocate for improved transport services such as Busway parking and feeder services. Investigate Browns Bay ferry.
- Boost small business growth with, eg, tourism initiatives.
- Housing – further intensification near our town centres, but away from waterways.
- Provide more training and job opportunities, especially for our youth.
- Promote cultural diversity and the arts.
- Support sports and other interest groups.
- Further resourcing of libraries.
- Protect our heritage buildings.
- Extend walkways, bridle paths and cycleways.